Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My City












       













Pensacola is a beautiful small city. We have much in the way of the arts. Ballet, symphony, theater, great restaurants, concerts, and much more. But right along side of that is the confederate flag proudly flying, young men with mullets (I know!), and people standing on the street corners screaming at the cars going by with their Bibles looking like billy clubs, so stridently are they swinging through the air. But do love it here. Along with the Bible ranters comes young people saying yes ma'am at the grocery store and people holding doors open for you. There is a lot of civility here. I guess we really do have the best of both worlds. The "country" and the "city". I'm happy with that. I can ignore the rest...

No comments: