Friday, July 24, 2009

Crabby

We went to the beach the other night to be with some cousins who were in from out of town. The kids wanted to catch crabs (and then release, of course). Most of the crabs were about 2 inches across but many of them were this small. They were the exact color of the sand. I was amazed the kids could even see them. But the chase was what was so great to watch. A crab spotted would raise an alarm and then everyone would scramble to make sure it didn't run over their feet. A bit of screaming and a lot of running around later, the net would go down and the crab would be caught. This small one caused a bit of ruckus but then one of the older girls caught it in her hand and declared it harmless. I don't know, it just made me laugh...

1 comment:

Corinne Judy Smith said...

I love this post. I can just imagine the kids running around having a great time finding these little guys.