Friday, August 7, 2009

Come On Down

"The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach-waiting for a gift from the sea." Ann Morrow Lindbergh


Now you all can see what I get to look at whenever I want. Why don't you come on down and have a sit by the sea. It is dynamic, moving, mysterious. It's hot too! But coming up is my favorite season at the beach. The vacationers will have gone home, the parking lots will have spaces empty, and the sand won't burn your feet. I still have to wait for a couple of months but I can start looking forward to the weather we love in Florida. I take a little folding chair, my camera and a book to read. Mostly though, I just look out at the blue, waiting for my gift from the sea.

No comments: