Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

I really miss my father. He was a great daddy to us when we were younger children. He had his issues as he, and we, aged, but all in all I was very lucky to have had him as my dad. He died young, at the age of 69, from lymphoma. I was able to be there with him when he died. It was my honor to be there at that part of his life.

I wish I had a scanner so I could put an old photo of him in here. I would put the photo in of him standing on the edge of Yellowstone Lake with my son, Mark, 4 or so at the time, "fishing" with grandpa Robbie. Dad had a fishing pole and Mark had a stick with some string tied to it. Mark was in heaven and I think grandpa even managed to figure out a way for Mark to catch a fish on his stick with string :o)

My husband has been a great dad to our two kids too and is the best grandpa. Who knew that he would be even better at that!
So this is to all the dads out there. Happy Father's Day!


This is a picture of my husband, a father of only a few weeks and our infant son. A looooong time ago!



No comments: